TITLE: Experienced Residential/Commercial Garage Door Technician Needed for Immediate Hire!
Our Company: We are a small, locally owned garage door service & installation company in Easley with a focus on outstanding customer service and top-notch repair work. We’ve been serving the Upstate of South Carolina for over 10 years and we are looking to expand our service team. We have a laid back environment, and as long as you show up on time and perform the work orders in a timely manner, we will have no issues. Come grow with our company!
· Valid Driver’s License
· Clean Driving Record (No D.U.I’s or serious traffic violations)
· Pass Background check
· Must have basic knowledge and experience of garage repair work, including residential and some commercial. Construction work experience is okay, but garage door experience is PREFERRED and priority will be given to applicants with garage door experience.
· Tool belt with appropriate tools needed for repair work.
Primary Job Functions:
· Responding to work assignments and tasks as directed by Service Manager
· Reviewing Work Order information for accuracy and completeness before departing for job.
· Ensuring truck is fueled, serviced, and ready for operation prior to the beginning of workday.
· Regularly handing in fuel receipts.
· Ensuring truck is restocked with appropriate service material daily.
· Notifying Service Manager of any required vehicle repairs when detected.
· Assessing and diagnosing what the root cause of the garage door problem is and coordinating the repair of that problem.
· Knowledge of detecting where studs are and securing vital garage door parts to those studs so they are secure and will not fall out.
· Asking for help when you don’t know is OKAY and encouraged. We understand that your prior experience may not have provided you an opportunity to problem-solve every little issue you may come across and it is better to ask for advice rather than guess or assume and cause lots of damage which the company may be liable for.
· MUST be able to clearly communicate to customers, service manager, and other employees.
· Sales experience preferred as you will be selling doors in addition to repair work/installation.
· MUST be able to accurately measure a garage door opening and assess what extra parts or adjustments may be needed so the job can be priced accordingly.
· Basic knowledge of framing garage door openings. (If not, will be trained on the job)
· Cleaning up trash from job sites and ensuring truck and personal appearance is presentable and adheres to company policy as outlined in the Company Handbook.
· Must handle and be responsible with collecting payments, including cash & CC payments or checks. Missing money becomes your responsibility.
· MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER but also able to work independently. Our company thrives on teamwork! No exceptions!
· Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
· Company Tee-shirts will be provided
· NO SAGGY PANTS! Must wear comfortable working pants that allow you to climb ladders safely.
· Comfortable tennis shoes or work boots
Compensation: Based on experience. We will increase pay once you have shown improvement. Many customers also tip, which is extra cash in your pocket. Yearly bonus around Christmas is guaranteed.
Work Hours: 8:30 – 5:00 or 6:00p.m. depending when you get the work orders completed. Early days are possible if you work efficiently and in a timely manner. SOME Saturdays are required but are not frequent. May be asked to be “on-call” for emergency calls but will be paid extra for those calls.