SAFETY MANAGER

Banko Overhead Doors, Inc.

Florida, United States Remote

Full time

Nov 6

Banko Overhead Doors is seeking a Garage Door Company Safety Manager to join a team where integrity, quality, and the seamless integration of skills are the working standard. Banko offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries.

As the Safety Manager, you will lead from the front to be the driving force for our safety culture. The Safety Manager will spend 80% of their time outside in the field working with our crews to improve safety on the job. You will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. As a Safety Manager, you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.

We have 4 locations: Tampa, Orlando, Venice, and Palmetto.

Responsibilities:

  • Conduct employee and partner safety orientations and training.
  • Support our desire to improve safety performance through coaching and conducting field assessments.
  • Conduct pre-project and post-project safety reviews.
  • Report safety metrics on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
  • The Safety Manager is expected to be self-motivated and perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to no supervision.
  • On a typical workday, 20% of your time would be in an office setting and the remaining 80% will be in the field (warehouses, job sites, etc.) observing and coaching employees and partners performing construction activities.
  • This position requires the ability to walk extensively and climb ladders throughout diverse work environments.
  • The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
  • Represent the Organization's interests when meeting with representatives of OSHA during formal inspections of facilities and assist in implementing corrective action and follow up with OSHA or other such agencies.
  • Ability to maintain good working relationships with employees and management.
  • A thorough understanding of federal and state regulations including OSHA, EPA, and state and local regulatory requirements.
  • Demonstrated experience investigating and managing injuries, claims, and procedures.
  • Identifies and manages personal protective equipment needs for the site, as well as evaluates the effectiveness and functionality of required PPE.
  • Managing and monitoring the vehicle telematics system for speeding or other aggressive driving behaviors. The Safety Manager should be comfortable discussing driving performance with those who drive company vehicles.
  • Conduct new employee safety orientations.
  • Conduct employee and supervisor safety training to improve safety awareness and understanding of the safety policies and procedures.
  • Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse organization.

Qualifications & Skills:

  • Minimum 3-5 years' experience as a Safety Manager, Field Safety Technician in an industrial setting.
  • BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred.
  • Experience with process safety management, confined space, working at heights, construction installations, tools, concrete and masonry, other construction-related activities.
  • Experience with the work permitting process.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, and organizational skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
  • Experience in conducting thorough root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
  • A thorough understanding of federal and state regulations including OSHA, EPA, and state and local regulatory requirements.
  • This is a key position on our leadership team and a proven record of leadership abilities is strongly desired.

EOE. Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled.

FULL TIME

To apply send resume to gethired@bankodoors.com

Apply for this position Back to job

You must be logged in to to apply to this job.

Apply

Your application has been successfully submitted.

Please fix the errors below and resubmit.

Something went wrong. Please try again later or contact us.

Personal Information

Profile

View resume

Details

{{notification.msg}}