Garage Door Service Technician
ASAP Garage Doors is seeking garage door service technicians and installers. We offer a $1,000.00 signing bonus after 90 days. We have work waiting for you. Work independently installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining commercial and residential garage doors in the greater South-eastern Michigan area.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious, hardworking, well-organized professional who does not mind working in Michigan conditions and can work an entire shift on his or her feet. We prize safety, accuracy, and speed above all else, so we require you to pay careful attention to the job, double-check your work before completing a job. ASAP offers competitive pay.
· Maintain your own work vehicle and keep your truck stocked.
· Assisting with residential garage door issues.
· Reviews work orders for accuracy and completeness before departing the job site.
· Working hand in hand with the office and customer to ensure all job site readiness and reporting any issues immediately.
· Installing garage doors and operators and associated components.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Relevant proven prior experience in a related field of garage door and opener service, construction, framing, HVAC or related field preferred.
· Ability to run service calls and garage door installs
· Clean driving record for 3 years.
· Pre-Employment drug screening and background check.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Ability to communicate with the customer in an up-sell and solution-based conversation.
· Ability to move or lift 70 plus pounds.
· Ability to read and understand directions and instructions.
· Mechanically inclined.
· Comfortable with face-to-face customer interactions.
· Strong communication skills.
· Flexible, "do whatever it takes" approach.
· Aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
· Comfortable with piece-rate work.
Job Type: Independent Sub-Contractor. Work as little or as much as your personal schedule allow.
EOE. Male/Female/Veteran. First responders or law enforcement welcome.
Email your resume to: David@asapdoorsinc.com .
Your application has been successfully submitted.