Start a new career with Apple Valley Insulation, a part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) Family of Companies. We are one of the largest insulation installers serving the U.S. residential new construction market with 135+ locations serving the 48 continental United States. IBP has successfully grown through acquisitions and we continue to do so. Although installing insulation is our niche we are also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware.
Become a part of a growing company with the opportunities to learn new skills and build a career with Apple Valley Insulation!
IBP offers our employees a career with the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- On the Job Training
- Paid Certification (if applicable)
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Residential / Commercial Garage Door Installer is responsible for all aspects of garage door installation of the unit within the home or commercial building.
- Gathers materials for work order and loads and unloads materials on to truck and job site
- Installation of garage door(s) & operators according to standards and specifications of the work order
- Adapting of material as necessary to fit opening
- Responsible for completing time card daily and ensuring it is submitted on time
- Maintain all tools, materials, and lifts, etc.
- Responsible for completing paperwork per each job and providing it to production coordinator daily
- Observe job site safety rules and know the location of MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Maintains truck maintenance and completes truck inspections daily
- Responsible to comply with OSHA guidelines and company safety policies and procedures
- May be required to drive a company vehicle and must follow all driving safety rules and DOT requirements at all times
- Responsible for cleaning up job site after each job
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in the construction industry helpful
- Able to perform basic math skills
- Mechanically Inclined
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently or with a crew
- Able to work in a fast – paced environment
- Must maintain a Valid Driver’s License
Position requires a Drug Test and Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment.
- Able to consistently lift, push, kneel, crouch, reach while handling the tools necessary to install garage doors
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and use depth perception
- Works in a residential/commercial environment, these homes/building may be in new construction phases or can be occupied at the time of service
- Able to adapt to weather conditions
IBP is an equal opportunity employer.