Garage Door Technician
We are looking for driven, career-minded individuals looking to take charge of their own success. If you are tired of grinding away at some dead-end job or feel you will never achieve your goals in your current role, this might be the right opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working as a garage door technician or in a comparable position, and a desire to take their career to the next level by playing a key role in building a growing business.
As a lead garage door technician, you will travel in a company work truck to the customer’s home to diagnose their garage door issue, build and present a quote to repair or replace the door, and either repair the door during that visit or return later and replace the door. Technicians must manage the truck, its inventory as well as their schedule and client communications.
Annual earning potential $50-70k with top technicians earning much more.
You will perform installations, service, and repairs for the greater Cary, NC area, including Raleigh, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, and other surrounding areas.
- Repair various types of garage doors and openers
- Install various types of residential garage doors – including retrofit and new construction.
- Products, buildings and applications differ case by case; the candidate must be able to choose best solutions for each application as it pertains to safety, functionality and performance.
- The Technician will also troubleshoot, repair and perform periodic maintenance on new and existing equipment
- Previous experience servicing/installing garage doors - knowledge of the principles, techniques, equipment and supplies used in the residential garage door service (minimum 1 year preferred)
- Mechanical aptitude – knowledge and skilled in using various hand and power tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public
- Team player; strong collaboration skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to operate without direct supervision at all times.
- Must have valid drivers' license with good driving record and be insurable
- Basic math and legible handwriting
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience that would provide the skills and abilities that is necessary to complete the job.
Requires frequently: Standing, lifting of 50 lbs, Carrying 50 lbs, walking, pushing, stooping, climbing, bending, crouching, crawling, reaching above and below shoulder level; full use of hands, good finger dexterity, lifting from floor to waist and twisting of torso. Also includes working in cramped garages, on ladders, and with power tools and perform manual labor in outside environment, exposed to heat, sun, high humidity, rain and other adverse weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on Experience
License: Driver's License (Required)
*All ProLift Garage Doors locations are independently owned and operated. All positions identified here are positions offered by individual ProLift Garage Doors franchisees who will interview, hire, pay, manage, etc. the person who is hired for that respective position at each specific location. All ProLift Garage Doors employment opportunities potentially identified through this page are offered.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The business reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Family, Integrity, Excellence