Garage Door Repair Technician
ProLift Garage Doors seeks experienced Garage Door Repair Technician to perform installations, service, and repairs for the greater Columbus, Ohio area. If you have prior experience working as a repair technician or in a comparable position and seek a part-time/full-time position, please apply. We are looking for someone who not only has technical expertise, but is also is committed to growing a new business.
- Repair various types of garage doors and openers
- Products, buildings and applications differ case by case; the candidate must be able to choose best solutions for each application as it pertains to safety, functionality and performance.
- The Garage Door Repair Technician will also troubleshoot, repair and perform periodic maintenance on new and existing equipment
- Assist with local marketing efforts when applicable
- Help with basic inventory management and ordering
- Able to help coach and train new associates on basic repair and installation concepts
- Previous experience servicing/installing garage doors - knowledge of the principles, techniques, equipment and supplies used in the residential garage door service
- Mechanical aptitude – knowledge and skilled in using various hand and power tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public
- Team player; strong collaboration skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to operate without direct supervision at all times.
- Must have valid drivers' license with good driving record and be insurable
- Ability to work flexible hours and work around a changing schedule
- Basic math and legible handwriting
- Solid understanding of business fundamentals a plus
What we offer:
- Highly competitive compensation model that provides unlimited opportunity, $100K+ potential
- Robust training materials and support with focus on technical and non-technical development
- $500 sign-on bonus for well qualified applicants
- Best in class tools and technology to help you get the job done faster and more efficiently
- Opportunity to advance within the organization as the business grows
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in Garage Door repair or service role
Requires frequently: Standing, lifting of 50 lbs., Carrying 50 lbs., walking, pushing, stooping, climbing, bending, crouching, crawling, reaching above and below shoulder level; full use of hands, good finger dexterity, lifting from floor to waist and twisting of torso. Also includes working in cramped garages, on ladders, and with power tools and perform manual labor in outside environment, exposed to heat, sun, high humidity, rain and other adverse weather conditions.
- Residential Garage Door Service/Installation: 1 -3 years
Job Type: Part-time/Full-time
Salary: Based on Experience
License: Driver's License (Required)
*All ProLift Garage Doors locations are independently owned and operated. All positions identified here are positions offered by individual ProLift Garage Doors franchisees who will interview, hire, pay, manage, etc. the person who is hired for that respective position at each specific location. All ProLift Garage Doors employment opportunities potentially identified through this page are offered.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The business reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises.
Your application has been successfully submitted.