Service Scheduler/Project Manager
Service Scheduler/Project Manager - American Door Works
For 50-years, American Door Works has been and still is the industry leader in the installation and service of residential and commercial garage doors in greater Minnesota. This family-owned company takes great pride on the service and satisfaction that we provide to our customers from the initial sale to the completed installation or service. In keeping with this nearly 50-year tradition, we are currently seeking a mechanically inclined individual to join our team as Service Scheduler/Project Manager.
The Service Scheduler/Project Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of the service segment of the business, both residential and commercial. This generally covers any aspect pertaining to the servicing of overhead doors and openers in residences, commercial properties, along with quoting of new business. This position is also responsible for the scheduling of employees along with being the go between them and our customers. This position will also work with businesses and homeowners on bidding more extensive work and projects.
The scope of this position includes training employees, managing the day-to-day operations of scheduling, deploying, monitoring, and billing of residential and commercial service jobs, assist in maintaining inventory control of products, parts, and accessories, promoting a positive relationship with customers, tracking and reporting of group performance against objectives, and verifying timecards for payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating, estimating, and managing projects.
2. Provide highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to customers and contractors.
3. Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies, procedures and training.
4. Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to technicians.
5. Formulate and maintain reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
6. Instructs customers and contractors in use of products.
7. Forwards customer orders to manufacturer.
8. Investigates and resolves customer issues.
9. Estimates and coordinates delivery schedules.
10. Schedules Installers and makes sure they have proper items and directions to exceed customers’ expectations.
11. If required, oversees delivery or installation of products/equipment.
12. Assists Service Manager with project management for larger and more detailed quotes.
13. May be required to make onsite visits on behalf of company for preliminary inspections.
14. Schedules each day's work assignments with each member before they leave the office to perform the day's work.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor/customer.
16. Contacts homeowners, contractors, lumberyards to verify access confirmation for the next day’s jobs.
17. Process job billing data from previous day's job tickets completed, including time, material and other costs.
18. Answers any queries from commercial or residential customers as they come up during the business day.
19. Place orders for materials, including tools, doors, operators, truck maintenance as needed.
20. Sets tentative schedule for next day's work assignments.
21. Assists as needed for all after hours emergency service work requested by customers.
22. Based on content of the call, resolve most calls in one of the following ways:
A) Assist customer and answer their question to resolve issue.
B) Route call to appropriate person for commercial or residential sales.
C) Write up work order for either installation or service and input relevant data into computer system. D) Provide necessary information to caller and route to appropriate sales personnel or technician. E) If a request for estimate, start a job ticket, input data into computer, and begin the bid process.
F) Research order status and verify scheduled installation.
23. Assist walk-in customers at the sales counter with the following types of assistance, as required.
24. Handle returns or exchanges brought to the sales counter.
25. Provide general office support as required on a project or special needs basis.
26. Provide trade show and promotional activity support as required.
27. Perform all other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor/customer.
American Door Works is a family friendly company that understands the need for balance between home and work. If you would like to be part of our team, American Door Works would like to meet with you. We offer a competitive starting wage that is commensurate to your previous work experience. Our benefit package includes 401(k) plan, annual incentive pay based on company profitability, paid vacation and holidays starting the first day of hire. We also offer health, dental, short-term disability, and company paid long-term disability & life insurance.
Candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com or stop in and complete an application at: American Door Works, 2150 Frontage Road South, Waite Park (next to McKay’s Dodge).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The original family friendly place to work