Scheduler - American Door Works (Waite Park)
Minimum starting wage of $24 or higher BOE
For 50-years, American Door Works has been and still is the industry leader in the installation and service of residential and commercial garage doors in greater Minnesota. This family-owned company takes great pride on the service and satisfaction that we provide to our customers from the initial sale to the completed installation or service. In keeping with this nearly 50-year tradition, we are currently seeking a mechanically inclined individual to join our team as a Scheduler.
This position manages all segments and activities of the commercial & residential installation department of American Door Works – Waite Park. This generally covers any aspect pertaining to the installation of overhead doors, door operators, rolling steel, high speed roll-up doors, and dock equipment in either homes, new businesses under construction, or installation or replacement of these devices in existing businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and oversight to the organization for all installation activities.
- Must have previous experience and understanding of scheduling, delegation, problem resolution, and some supervisory experience.
- Oversees and delegates team of installers for their daily work and installations. Duties include but are not limited to: mentoring, coaching, and providing input for employee evaluations. Will also provide feedback and assistance with interviewing, hiring, and termination of employment.
- Scheduling each day’s work assignments for installation team.
- Reviewing work assignments with each member of the installation team before they leave the office to perform the day’s work, reviewing address, location, and job details.
- Contacting homeowners, contractors and other customers to receive access confirmation for the day’s jobs.
- Expedites operations that may alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Communicates any changes with schedules to installation team and those customers, contractors and builders who need to know.
- Processing job billing data from previous day’s jobs completed, including time, material, and any other costs.
- Answering any queries from residential customers, builders, or contractors as they come up during the business day.
- Pre-scheduling today’s call-in orders for upcoming work assignments.
- Setting tentative schedule for next week’s work assignments.
- Working with safety department to focus on eliminating workplace injuries.
- When needed, going into the field and check on selected jobs.
- When needed, visiting builders and contractors either on the job site or at their offices to promote a good working relationship.
- Serves as backup for other sales staff as needed on the floor or by phone.
- Verifying time cards on a weekly basis for accuracy and update management reports accordingly.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor/customer.
Ideal candidate for this position will have previous employee scheduling experience, preferable in the overhead door industry but must have construction or building sector background. Must have friendly personality and ability to work with many people. Must have solid computer knowledge including Windows Suite (Word and Excel) and preferred knowledge of ERP systems. This position requires excellent mathematical, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be able to pass a standard drug test and criminal background check.
American Door Works is a family friendly company that understands the need for balance between home and work. If you would like to be part of our team, American Door Works would like to meet with you. We offer a competitive starting wage that is commensurate to your previous work experience but at a minimum of $24 per hour. Our benefit package includes 401(k) plan and incentive pay based on company profitability, paid vacation and holiday pay starting the first day of hire. We also offer health, dental, short-term disability, life insurance, and company paid long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and complete an application at: American Door Works, 2150 Frontage Road South, Waite Park.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The original family friendly place to work