Sales Consultant/Project Manager
Sales Consultant/Project Manager - American Door Works (Waite Park)
American Door Works is the leader in installation and service of residential and commercial garage (overhead) doors in greater Minnesota. We are currently seeking a customer-focused individual to join team as Sales Consultant/Project Manager for our Waite Park location.
This first level project manager will work closely with the Commercial Manager in the areas of project management/ administration, estimating, and the installation process for our commercial product lines of our business. Most of the listed duties will be done by phone or on the sales floor, but may need to be at the customer job site. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Commercial Scheduler as needed in the day-to-day operational support of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating, estimating and managing commercial projects.
- Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of customer.
- Monitoring public bid request systems for potential opportunities and following up where appropriate.
- Work with customer contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Formulate and maintain reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Instructs customers and contractors in use of products.
- Forwards customer orders to manufacturer.
- Investigates and resolves customer issues.
- Completes sales contracts or forms to record sales information.
- Estimates delivery dates and arranges delivery schedules.
- Assists in scheduling installers and makes sure they have proper items and directions to exceed customers’ expectations.
- If needed, oversees delivery or installation of products or equipment.
- Prepares invoices and generate for delivery to customer.
- Assists Commercial Manager with project management for larger & more detailed quotes.
- May be required to make onsite visits on behalf of the company for preliminary inspections.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor/customer.
Ideal candidate for this position will have previous sales, project management or estimating experience, preferable in the overhead door industry but must have construction or building sector background. Must have friendly personality and ability to work with many people. Must have solid computer knowledge including Windows Suite (Word and Excel) and preferred knowledge of ERP software. This position requires excellent mathematical, verbal, and written communication skills. Must have a current, valid and company insurable MN driver’s license and must be able to pass a standard drug test and criminal background check.
American Door Works is a family friendly company that understands the need for balance between home and work. If you would like to be part of our team, American Door Works would like to meet with you. We offer a competitive starting wage that is commensurate to your previous work experience. Our benefit package includes 401(k) plan and incentive pay based on company profitability, paid vacation and holiday pay starting the first day of hire. We also offer health, dental, short-term disability, life insurance, and company paid long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and complete an application at: American Door Works, 2150 Frontage Road South, Waite Park.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The original family friendly place to work