Residential Garage Door Lead Technician
- Maintain oversight over all field technicians and company-owned assets.
- Install various garage doors and dock equipment types – including residential and/or commercial overhead doors, garage doors, loading docks, trailer restraints, product racks, guard rails, freight lifts, etc.
- Products, buildings, and applications differ case by case; the candidate must be able to choose the best solutions for each application as it pertains to safety, functionality, and performance working within the guidelines of the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- The Lead Technician/Operations Manager will also troubleshoot, repair, and perform periodic maintenance on new and existing equipment. Maintain truck, inventory, and tools.
- Communicate and report daily with management.
- Lead/manage team, inventory, and jobs.
- 2 yrs Previous experience servicing/ installing garage doors – knowledge of the principles, techniques, equipment, and supplies used in the residential garage door service.
- Ability to learn and teach new processes.
- Ability to plan, implement and direct field activities.
- Strong computer and software skills – including scheduling and dispatch management systems.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Customer service-oriented outlook on business.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to organize multiple projects, manage rapidly shifting priorities, and produce tangible, measurable results.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude – knowledge, and skills in using various hand and power tools.
- Basic business math and legible handwriting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and be insurable.