Garage Door Technician
6 Months to 1 Year of Garage Door Install and/or Repair Experience required.
We are looking for driven, career-minded individuals looking to take charge of their own success. If you have experience in the Garage Door space and are tired of grinding away at some dead-end job or feel you will never achieve your goals in that 9-5 office role; we might be the right opportunity for you.
As a garage door technician, you will travel in a company work truck to the customer’s home to diagnose their garage door issue, build and present a quote to repair or replace the door, and either repair the door during that visit or return later and replace the door. Technicians must manage the truck, its inventory as well as their schedule and client communications.
Annual Salary potential $50-70k with top technicians earning much more. Pay will be a combination of hourly and commission.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Previous experience servicing/repairing/installing garage doors required - knowledge of the principles, techniques, equipment, and supplies used in the residential garage door service (Requiring this experience to start until we are more established and can train)
- HS or Equivalent
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL SET:
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Comfortable with face-to-face customer interaction
- Charisma (have a personality!)
- Solid listening skills (you will not disappear if you stop talking)
- Ability to troubleshoot and think independently
- Organized and methodical work ethic
- Ability to work outside and climb ladders
- Ability to read and understand directions and instructions
- Install, repair and service garage doors and openers and associated components
- Assist in training new technicians or installers as needed
- Responsible for safe driving of company vehicles
- Responsible for a safe work site, equipment, and truck
- Assists in customer service issues
- Reviews work orders for accuracy and completeness before departing to a job site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. This is a great job for college students or as a second job
- Clean criminal background.
Your application has been successfully submitted.